- It’s good aerobic exercise.
- The live music lifts your spirits.
- People look you directly in the eye and smile.
- You get to wear twirly skirts (yes, men too, if they choose).
- You don’t have to come with a partner.
- Newcomers are always welcome.
- The two parts of each dance align perfectly with the two parts of each tune.
- You get to spin around until you’re dizzy, like when you were a kid.
- You might meet your future spouse (I did).
- Even if you arrive feeling tired and run down at the end of a long week, you feel better after the first dance.
What do you think? What do you enjoy most about contra dancing?